The Society for Ecological Restoration (SER) Northwest Chapter, the Society of Wetland Scientists Pacific Northwest Chapter invite symposia and organized workshop proposals for the 2018 joint regional conference, Restoring Resilient Communities in Changing Landscapes, to be held October 15-19, 2018 at the Davenport Grand Hotel in Spokane, Washington. The conference highlights the intersection between the practice and science of ecological restoration and ecosystem management in the Cascadia Bioregion, along with a broader continental perspective through participation of the North American Chapters of SER. Conference organizers invite proposals for symposia and workshops that are of interest to a regional and wider continental audience of practitioners and scientists of ecological restoration and ecosystem management.
The conference is planned to include the following thematic topics:
- Wetland ecology and management
- Ecological resilience
- Community engagement
- Global change and restoration planning
- Restoration for migratory species
- Connecting and restoring conservation corridors
- Tribal perspectives of restoration and ecosystem management
- Aquatic restoration and management
- Wetland restoration, mitigation, and planning
- Sage-steppe ecosystems
See the call for symposia for more information.