WTREX is a prescribed fire training exchange that recognizes and reinforces the critical role of women's leadership and perspective in fire management
- Applications are due July 31, 2016.
- This year, WTREX will represent a one-time refocusing of the Nor Cal TREX (working in the same locations with Nor Cal TREX burn hosts).
- WTREX is an intensive two-week training exchange that combines practical live-fire training with indoor learning and discussion to advance participants’ qualifications and experience in wildland fire operations.
- WTREX will engage both women and men in building a support network for female fire practitioners working to advance their leadership in wildland fire management.
- WTREX participants will work together to accomplish much-needed prescribed burning in a variety of fire-adapted ecosystems in northwestern California.
- Today’s fire problems are so complex that we need to elevate diversity in intellect, talent, and perspective in order to solve them.
- Managers of federal, tribal, and private lands will serve as hosts, inviting teams of WTREX participants to burn on their land.
For more information, visit the WTREX event webpage.